Monday, September 8, 2014

17. A toast to things that I forget.


I forget things.

I often times forget the wonderful side of me when I was in distress. // I forget that I sing. // I forget that I play. //I forget that I observe. //I forget that I enjoy indulging in minute, tiny things. //I also forget that I write.

Turning a new leaf in a couple of days and somehow this feels like a big deal. I am a big girl now, I can't blame things when they don't go my way. I can't be whiny (well I can...but I am the one who need to pick me up anyway); I need to be my own superhero for reals this time.

And here I am penning down my thoughts, trying to sound witty in my small-ish living room (and messy, but let's saves that up for another day, shall we?). What makes me happy these days?

I am thankful for Moggie the cat, I am thankful for each and everyday that I get to see my boys when I get home, I am thankful that even that at my age, I am still single - I can still call my girlfriends up and do stuff, I am thankful for my health, I am thankful for my new routine, I am thankful for my challenging job that is never boring, I am thankful for my increasing confidence (although, there are times I feel like I am not enough), I am thankful for the rezq' that Allah never fails to blessed me with, I am thankful for my taste in music. I am thankful for myself.

Here's a toast to things that I (often times) forget and more to things that I will discover. (and remember)

 Love,
 D.

No comments:

Post a Comment